Pre-Rental or Purchase Assessment
Before signing a lease, or making a home purchase, know before you make the commitment if there are EMF factors to consider.
The most important readings to take are the magnetic fields emanating from nearby transmission lines or power stations. Magnetic fields cannot be mitigated against, and so it is the first item to check. Geovital recommends levels of 0.3-0.8 millagaus. Prolonged exposure at levels of 2mG are linked to the disruption of melatonin and 4mG or greater is linked in some studies to Lukemia.
What I can do for you
I may be able to assess your property but it all depends on timing and availability. That’s why if you are in an immediate need please follow the instructions below on how to take an EMF reading yourself, with a TriField meter, and then contact me for follow up.
What you can do on your own
Its very hard to arrange on demand appointments when you are making quick decisions of a property or rental you are considering. This is why I recommend purchasing a TriField meter to take measurements when you visit the property.
The TriField meter can read Magnetic field, Electric field, and RF (radio frequency) levels. It is an amateur consumer level meter, but that’s just fine for establishing a baseline which can be further investigated. If buying property you want to be assured that you have the safest levels possible. We recommend readings under 1mG, for magnetic fields from your nearby transmission lines.
I also recommend you take Geovitals video course on the TriField meter, or other instructional videos you can find.
Here are a few basic tips for you.
- Is the property exposed to cell towers 1/2 mile or closer?
- Are they in direct line-of-sight, with no blocking objects, tall buildings, trees and so forth?
- Are the local transmission lines on your side of the street, or very close to your property/building?
Ideal exposures recommended by Geovital:
For sleeping areas:
- Magnetic fields at or < 0.3 mG (Milligauss)
- RF field’s at or < 0.1 microwatts per square meter (µW/m²)
- Electric fields should be less than 1 V/m (Volts per meter)
For non-sleeping areas:
- Magnetic fields < 0.8 mG (Milligauss)
- RF (Radio frequency) to less than 10 microwatts per square meter (µW/m²)
- EF (Electric fields) to less than < 10 V/m (Volts per meter)
Sources and Recommendations
Industry and Government Standards – Electric Industry Website